SINGLE STREAM CURBSIDE RECYCLING
Click here for a recycling brochure.
Effective on January 7, 2015 Atglen Borough began curbside collection of single stream recycling . All recycled material can be mixed together in the recycling container provided by A.J. Blosenski Inc. The 35 gallon container has an attached lid and is on wheels for easier handling. Recycling will be picked up on Wednesday the same day as your trash. There will be two collection trucks - one for trash and one for recycling; they will come by at different times. Place your trash and your recycling containers out for curbside service.
Do not put a liner in the can - it is recommended to rinse food containers prior to recycling.
What IS Collected at Curbside - Recycled Material?
- All plastic containers from #1 through #5 and #7
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum & Metal Cans
- Mixed Paper
- Mail (we recommend shredding personal mail prior to recycling)
- Cardboard - break down and cut up the cardboard packaging to fit into the recycling container.
What is NOT Eligible - Not Recycled Materials?
- Household trash
- Plastic shopping bags or plastic food wrap.
- Styrofoam or any other form of foam packaging (including meat/produce trays and egg cartons).
- Scrap metal
- Disposable diapers
- Hazardous Waste (See FAQ #6)
- Paper towels or tissue paper
- Textiles, fabric or clothing
- Ceramics, chinaware porcelain or Pyrex dishes
- Books or Toys
- Mirrors, WIndow glass
- Light Bulbs
- Computer and Electronic equipment, TV's
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs are recycled at Borough Hall. The container is in the vestibule, 120 Main Street, Atglen.
For the disposal of household hazardous waste materials and electronic items refer to the Chester County Solid Waste Authority website, Recycling navigation tab: www.chestercountyswa.org.